Enjoy the journey, don't just focus on destination

Saturday, November 04, 2006

How amazing is my great gran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to tell you all of an amazing lady - my great gran who is 97! I came back to hereford especially this weekend, becuase in the last 3 weeks my ggran has gone down hill massively and is begining to 'not be all there', although she recognised me - well my voice because she is blind - which I was pleased at (her recognising me not the fact shes blind) she had indeed gone massively down hill and even forgot where she had been born and that her daughter died 3 years ago etc, but what most impressed me was when I asked if she would like me to read her a Psalm (I always read her something when I go and see her, because she can't read herself and there are lots of books she would probably love to read) she suddenly was 'normal' again and clicked and even said which one she wanted read.

She is one amazing lady, becuase she is blind she sits in her room and prays for her son, nephew and nieces, grandchildren, 26 great granchildren, 1 great great grand child and many others constantly - A women of faith and an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although sadly she is going down hill it amazing to see her faith still and she is such a shining example of keeping with God even though things get tough - I can be sure who her God is!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    its an honnour to read about an amazing lady, God does indeed keep blessing us in ways we do not expect... even when we are old he hasnt finished!!
    She is an example we should all follow.
    loves you
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home