Enjoy the journey, don't just focus on destination

Friday, October 27, 2006

Pink hair dye, rain and running

(Me before the race when it was sunny!)

So for those of you who have had no contact with me or just managed to avoid me will not no what everyone else does - namely that I ran in the Great South Run for a South Africain Charity (South African Sustainable Development Initivitive) last Sunday and dyed my hair pink for the event. The hair looked great, my parents found me easily, I was on telly and people have said they liked it ..... what I have learnt through my hair dying, running experience is that

1) make sure you wash the dye properly, I did it at 3am and was fed up so half washed it and thought it will be ok...yeah it ur tipped it down all through the race and the stuff I hadn't washed out properly ran as well...all down my neck, back and ipod head phone things and bra...great.

2) Plastic Ponchoes are not the way forward, well extra large size isn't anyway and they are definetly not sexy or flattering! I wore one, becuase it rained so much and whilst this kept me mostly dry and good I think I should have been less of a whimp. (This si the photo of me running down the finishing straight).

3) I want to keep running - marathons here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This quite disturbing photo was me at 5 and 1/2 miles and I was so pleased to see my parents watching I started being an idiot, so the photo looks strange ...but what photos of me don't!?

My finishing time was 1 hour 37 minutes 50 seconds!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My position was 6015 out of 18,000!!!!!! Sorry but both are amazing, becuase the furthest I ran was 8 miles twice.

If you want to sponser me please do! and Enjoy laughing at the photos!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WELL DONE my dear... you make me proud.. running is something i have no desire every trying! Glad you can do the running for me!!
    loves ya
    x

     
  • At 11:48 PM, Blogger Ozwazza said…

    Hi Rhix, what an effort! There is no way I could run for 1.5 hours, so congratulations on your achievement! Thanks for reading my blog! Sorry for the delay in responding but I didn't realise it was you from the Canadian Cosmos tour. My trip is coming to a conclusion. I've had a great time and particularly enjoyed the company of the Canadian group. Good luck with your studies and I hope you land a great job! Then again you might find that rich husband you were looking for! Cheers from downunder.
    PS I liked the UK a lot. Wales was quite scenic. I don't know if I could ever manage to speak Welsh though!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home