Enjoy the journey, don't just focus on destination

Friday, September 08, 2006

Intentions are made reality?!

How many times have I said i wanna be more on fire for God, how many times have I thought that I want to get serious about God and share about him, how many times have I said I will pray more or read the Bible more this year....?! They were said with intentions but never happened, so now after being away from Pencoed for a whole month - it was wierd and coming back I feel like this year I will be taking everything seriously my work, uni, relationship with God etc and still have fun.

I started to read cover to cover again and it talked in Isaiah 30 verse 15, 'The Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says, "Only in returning to me and waiting for me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.'" It made an impression on me when I read it in Spain and today I just sat down with God and remembered my time in the monistry in quietness and just sat there with God and this verse cant explain what happened or why I felt so moved but it was one of those moments with God when you just know it wont be the same between you and him again!

In verse 18 it says 'But the LORD still waits for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the LORD is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for him to help them.' This blew me away i mean i know God is there he has made the 99 steps towards us and we just need to make that 1, but it was so amazing in that moment to think that even after everything I have done or havent done when i should have God still waits for me to come to him and give to me - he is amazing! Read in Context these verses are powerful it is all about the Isrealites and there relationship with God - which when I think about it is not too different from my own - I am close to him, then get distracted - go away something happens to get my attention and I go back to God normally because my life at that point sucks, then hey presto I drift away again. I mean the Isrealites were stupid I keep reading their stories and what they did and I think why did you not just stick by God etc, but its always easy when you look in from the outside! I just didnt realise the same thing was happening to me - Duh!

Anyways this is for accountability - please ask if you see this and see me how I am doing with the whole serious for God, serious for my work and serious about the course! Ta, loving you!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:45 AM, Blogger Piet said…

    Hello there

    Nice first blog. A question though, how do you intend to be "serious for God, serious for work and serious about the course"? Practically, how are you going to do it? And, what does it mean, "being serious"? Something I thought worth asking. It might help me/us keep you accountable. :)

    ps. you missed out violent in your personal profile :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home