Enjoy the journey, don't just focus on destination

Monday, November 20, 2006

Oppertunities

Something that happened at the conference I went to at the weekend was like a mini revelation! The realisation that I don't really connect with God through music that much, yeah musics great and everything but not really my passion. Also I try to practice and play various intruments better and play worship songs etc thinking yeah I'll connect with God I will give him this as my worhsip - but actually what am I doing?!

During the sports seminar - 'welcome guys [pause] oh yeah and one girl' (gee thanks - a girl well its better than being thought of as a young man i suppose - think libuary). Anyways duringthe sports seminar they were talking about worshiping God in what we do. Is sports good, bad or neutral. My answer Good - hey God created it, God created us, God gave us the ability and talents to do it - so its good, but like money it is where it fits into your life and your priorities, if its first then its an idol. Anyway he then went on to talk about Romans 12v1-2

'Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.'

This means our bodies as an entiraty - thought process, emotions, physical body etc. It is something that I know, but it was like when I surf - i should surf to the best of my ability and my attitude should be as good as possible, beuase I am worshiping GOd out there, the same when running or in the gym etc. I connect with God through sport, through being out there, through using the gifts he has given me, rather than try and fit myself into what everyone is or thinks I should be.

Also at Body attack I got talkingto the instructor (actually my water at home was turned off, so i had to park for two hours so i could have a shower at the gym not at home) normally i rush off becuase of parking, btu i was talking to her and it turns outher hubby is a surfer, who was judging the competition that I was meant to be taking part in,. Anyway it was a really cool chat and oppertunity to start building relationships. Its funny becuase as I was doing Body attack I was like this is my worship to you God, talking with him (in my head or people would have throught i was mad) and I was also praying for oppertunities to talk to people in the course - amazing God we have people!

So yeah my passions hmmmmm
God, close family and friends
Surfing, Salsa/dancing and running
and of course young people generally, but especially the young people I worked with in Germany and travelling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home