Enjoy the journey, don't just focus on destination

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Heres to friends you never knew you had!

So after an entertaining evening I thought I would share with you my new friends. Had a great meal with the Christian Surfers, during which I sat next to the dirrector of Christian Surfers UK (photo on right). The problem was I didnt know who he was much to my embarrasment and so I thought I would post the conversation here.....

Rhi: 'Who are you'

Phil: 'Phil Williams'

(polite conversation who was I etc)

Rhi: 'Do you surf often, how come your here and what do you do?'
(all said in a lovely way, but perhaps not phrased very well)

Phil: 'I work for Christian Surfers'

Rhi: 'Oh, what do you do'

It really couldnt get much worse.....or could it.....this is me talking remember!!!!

Phil: 'I am the national dirrector'

Rhi: 'Cool, sorry you're someone I should know who they are, but I don't, yeah I don't really know much about Christian Surfers, I just come along and surf with them'

..... Oh ground swallow me up!!!!! You know when you should just shut up.....well i was thinking be quiet Rhi, stop talking, but I couldn't!! I just kept digging, oh so embarrasing!

After the meal came speaches and to top it all was I got a prize for being dedicated - the first down the beach even when its wet, cold and rubbish waves, and a really nice CD holder case - Phil must have thought I was a joke...it is quite funny though!


Anyways Andrea, Richard and Alec were in stiches! (I have never met anyone who could smile or laugh as much as Alec (as seen right doing his famous sheep impression)!

So after the meal the four of us went out in Cardiff (the guys didn't meet up with their friends like planned and Andrea and I didn't stay with john long like planned instead favouring Reflex - why Reflex - no idea!). It was an eye opener anyhows!!!! I found out that Richard can pole dance (below) - it was soooo funny, the funniest thing was none of us (not even Andrea) had drunk anything, because we were driving!

It's great, you meet people you don't know, then quickly they become mates, its like you've known them for years!.....strange.....I hope that this editted blog makes more sense than what I wrote earlier!!! Which went along the lines of 'if you never met people then you would have no friends and if you knew them before then they would always be your friends so you would not be making new friends' .... which as usual made sense in myhead, but was totally incoherent and made sense to noone else and of course is a load of dribble. Almost as funny as when Alec, Andrea and I were talking about ages. The conversation went along the lines of......

Andrea: Alec how old do you think Rhi is?

Alec: 23

Rhi: I like you, close but 2 years out

Alec: 25

Rhi: other way

Alec: 21 (rhi nods), so how old am I?

Rhi': 25 (Alec nods), what month is your birthday?

Alec: March, yours?

Rhi: February (the following is said totally serious after a pause for thought) and do you know if I was born 4 years earlier I would be older than you!

Andrea and Alec: star in disbelief and collapse for the thousandth time that evening laughing at me (ok so I am prone to exageration! - perhaps)

Talk about how to show a guy that you are older and maturer than you are.....! lol! Mind you look at how they tried to impress us.....See above blog....

1 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mwah har har!
    is this the point i also point out that phil lives in the same town as me?!
    awww i can see it like it happenes before my very eyes... hole digging is such fun!
    sounds like a great evening out matey!!
    see you tomorrow for our feastive fun!
    x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home